Tuesday 4 March 2008

10.Addendum to 'Private'


This is the image of the anatomy lesson whose source was so difficult to ascertain. The painting belongs to Glasgow university but can be found on the web.

Today's begging letter was from 'Womankind Worldwide'. It was addressed to me personally. Naturally I assumed that they wanted to enrol me as a sperm donor. I was going to ask them: in vivo, or in vitro?
However, when I opened the envelope, I found that although they were asking for a standing order, they had something quite different in mind... Ah well.

I wonder whether I should invite readers to comment on my blogs. My email is accessible.
But from the small sample of comments to Ruth's blogs that I have read recently, I'm not hopeful. A bit like the comments about 'Israel pics' which they publish on Arutz Sheva: Inane, boring, or plain ignorant. My favourite examples are the 'poems' from a regular orthodox 'bard' from the US, identified as 'MED,USA'. He confidently identified mandrake flowers as 'African violets'. And
on a recent photo of a hilltop crusader type building complex, he asked whether it was Herodion. Google images could have spared his ignorance.

He knows about meteorology and cloud formation. So I pretended to comment on a quite mediocre photo of a stream cascading over rocks -
in his name and in his orthodox style :
'Wonderful. The cumulonimbus has shed its load and the L--d has made it flow downstream'.
So he wrote: 'comment #1 is not mine. It sure looks wonderful'

In my student days I worked night shifts performing meteorological observation and phoning them through to the weather centre. I still remember the names of all 27 cloud types. But that's another story.



No comments: